Thursday, December 13, 2012

Forecast Calls For Snow In Sarasota Thanks To Festival

Lazarus Fernandez of Sarasota can't contain his Christmas spirit despite a recent hot December day.
"I'm a die-hard Christmas person," Fernandez said. "I put up my tree the day of Thanksgiving. I put up all my lights in my house the day of Thanksgiving and we make it a family event."
Fernandez, who runs Spotlight Events, is turning the Sarasota County Fairgrounds are going to look more like Santa's hometown, this weekend when Snow Fest Sarasota kicks off.
Snow Fest Sarasota starts Friday, Dec. 14, and runs through Sunday, Dec. 23 at the Fairgrounds. Admission is free, parking costs $5. The parking donation goes to The Lazarus Foundation's Kids Force program to help disadvantaged or critically ill children. Several games and activities charge a fee (see below).
Fernandez has lived in Sarasota his whole life, but he hasn't

Go to www.srqtimes.com for latest Sarasota News and Real Estate

No comments:

Post a Comment