Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas!

PETER O’CONNOR
Guest Columnist
opinion@lbknews.com
Merry Christmas!
Or as we might say:
Joyeux Noel
Feliz Navidad
Froehliche Weihnachten
Mele Kalikimaka
Nollaig Shona Dhuit
Happy Hanukkah
This column should reach you, our loyal readers, a day or two before Christmas. That means we might depart from the usual opinion, to concentrate on well wishing. I’d like to do that as I approach my 75th Christmas.
It certainly doesn’t seem like that long since the first I recall as a boy in New York’s Borough of Queens during the long dark days of World War II. Some of you will share my memories of those days.
Perhaps days were simpler then. I’m sure we took our holidays more seriously then.
We are about to embark on a momentous year, nationally. Some might think things around here are also important. On almost any scale, these are not.
My

Go to www.bradentonmagazine.com for latest Bradenton News

No comments:

Post a Comment