Friday, December 23, 2011

The cat who terrorized Christmas

I should have seen the foreshadowing when Popsicle, our troublesome male cat, started drinking the funky water from the base of the Christmas tree stand.
This is the last known picture of Popsicle with my wife, Melissa.
STEVE REID
Editor & Publisher
sreid@lbknews.com
While St. Armands Circle celebrated its tree-lighting gala, my family had its own humbling and bizarre tree ritual.
As Christmas approaches, my wife’s eyes take on a maniacal glint. Her children, her husband, the house and the pets are all pawns for helping set up the house for the holidays.
This year, the gravy was still warm in the pan after Thanksgiving when my wife was bundling our baby girl to shop for the perfect tree. It was then that I realized how it must be the tree growers who benefit most from the region’s trend for 20-foot ceilings.
Everywhere we went,

Go to www.bradentonmagazine.com for latest Bradenton News

No comments:

Post a Comment